LEARN MORE BUTTON PAGE JUMP
Add Protective Cover Glass to your Display
Macnica supplies cover glass to fit nearly any LCD display. We can bond it to the display for you to adhere a touch sensor, strengthen the display against tough environments or both.
Your choices include:
Corning® Gorilla® Glass, now in its seventh generation, is a chemically-hardened glass primarily used as a cover glass for electronic devices. Introduced in 2007, it is the market leader in cover glass, and by 2017 had been used in more than one billion mobile devices.
- Various versions of Gorilla Glass are available, all offering break resistance, scratch resistance and flexibility, making them ideal for reinforcing LCD displays
- Gorilla Glass 3 is an economical formulation available with minimum order quantities and ideal for industrial, medical, and consumer applications
- Later generations may be better suited for some special purposes (for example, Gorilla Glass Victus is 2X more scratch resistant than generation 6 and 20% more drop resistant, able to survive a 2-meter fall onto a rough surface)
- Manufactured using Corning’s unique fusion process, Gorilla Glass is extremely thin, flat and distortion-free
- Because it requires little or no polishing and relatively little post-production, Gorilla Glass can be surprisingly affordable
- It is manufactured in Kentucky, Korea and Taiwan.
DragontrailTM is a lightweight, flexible, and scratch-resistant glass with outstanding strength, used as a protective cover glass for electronic devices. It is manufactured by AGC, Inc., a world-leading manufacturer of glass, chemicals and high-tech materials based in Japan.
- DragontrailTMglass has been used by major brands of electronic devices worldwide since its market release and its use continues to rise
- It is thin, shiny and attractive
- Break resistant
- Scratch resistant
- Manufactured using the float process, resulting in an extremely smooth, distortion-free glass
- Environmentally friendly in that no lead, arsenic or antimony is used in the manufacturing process
Soda Lime Glass
Soda lime, or window glass, is a lower-cost option used most often to protect a touch screen or add extra strength to any display, when the drop and scratch-resistance of a premium glass is not necessary.
Soda lime glass is chemically stable, reasonably hard, workable and inexpensive. It can be chemically strengthened or tempered for increased durability.
When used as a cover glass, it is manufactured using the float process, making it extremely flat, smooth and distortion free.
Learn more about our OPTICAL BONDING SERVICES. All work is performed here in the United States.